When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email . An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
The Attending Physician VI in the Department of Family provides outpatient care, educates medical trainees including medical students, residents and fellows, and participates in the quality improvement and program development activities of the Division of Family Medicine.
· Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO) from an accredited college or university.
· Licensed as a physician in the State of Illinois or eligibility to obtain license prior to starting employment.
· Illinois and Federal controlled substance license or eligibility to obtain license prior to starting employment
· Three (3) years of clinical experience as resident physician in Family Medicine or will complete residency training in Family Medicine prior to start of employment
· Board eligibility or certification in Family Medicine or eligibility to obtain prior to starting employment
· Advanced training and/or experience in Maternal Child Health
· Research experience
· Patient Centered Medical Home practice model experience
· Electronic Health Records experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
· Strong customer service and empathy skills
· Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolutions skills
· Strong attention to detail, accuracy and precision
· Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
· Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices incorporating the use of electronic health record (EHR)
· Ability to meet appropriate confidentiality standards for protected health information (PHI)
· Must be able to work varied hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Must be able to travel to worksites throughout Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS)
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.