On behalf of SUNY Upstate Medical University, and the Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital located in Syracuse, NY, MillicanSolutions, Inc. is pleased to inform you of the inception of a national search for candidates to practice in the Division of General Pediatrics.
The Division of General Pediatrics seeks a board certified/board eligible Pediatrician to complement the clinical and scholarly activities of the Division. This is a full time position including attending responsibilities, participation in medical student and pediatric resident education, contributions to administrative responsibilities, pursuit of academic endeavors appropriate for promotion including clinical research and collaborative quality improvement initiatives. Opportunity highlights:
- Nationally award-winning children’s hospital provides state-of-the art facilities and equipment that was specifically designed to provide patient and family centered care.
- The Division currently consists of 13 faculty members.
- The University Pediatric and Adolescent Center, a level 3 NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home, is the primary educational site for medical students and residents. The center supports programs in child abuse, foster care, refugee health, nutrition and exercise, adolescent medicine and medical-legal partnership.
- The Center records 22,000 annual visits to general pediatrics and supports a newborn nursery with 400 newborns/year cared for by the Division.
- Faculty research interests include child abuse, foster care, legal needs of children and families.
- Outpatient only clinical care practice with opportunity to participate in Newborn Nursery.
The Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital is the signature structure of the East Tower vertical expansion at University Hospital. Housed on the top two floors of the expansion, the 71-bed children’s hospital provides over 87,000 square feet of space devoted to patient and family centered care and enhances the pediatric education and research missions that are integral to the University Hospital.
The Department of Pediatrics/Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital has 39-residents in its ACGME 5-year accredited training program. It has pioneered a number of graduate medical education initiatives and is branching into new programs such as refugee medicine and global health.
Organized into ten divisions, the Department of Pediatrics at Upstate Medical University has a long and rich history of excellence in education, clinical care, and has made highly significant contributions in research. Its physicians and staff provide clinical care to patients from a broad catchment area ranging from Pennsylvania to the Canadian border, and including over 17-counties in Upstate New York.
Having verified a firm commitment to growth and development, we can represent this opportunity as one of the top positions available today in General Pediatrics. Please contact Marcel Barbey at 682-223-5779 or via email at email@example.com to review in detail.l inquiries and referrals will remain confidential without your prior approval. SUNY Upstate Medical University is an AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to excellence through diversity.