PeaceHealth is seeking a Physician – Hospice, in Bellingham, WA.
Join a passionate and dedicated team, who is highly regarded in the community!
Whatcom Hospice is a division of PeaceHealth, and is also generously supported by the
Whatcom Hospice Foundation. It currently consists of a community program serving
100+ patients, with a beautiful 12 bed inpatient facility.
- Will work collaboratively with the Medical Director overseeing the hospice care for each patient.
- Will engage with an exceptionally specialized multidisciplinary team serving patients with prolonged or terminal illness.
- The hospice physician will conduct home and face to face visits, provide expert symptom management, help maintain a quality assessment and performance improvement program, and participate in an on-call schedule.
- This position may also provide outpatient palliative care consultations as our program continues to grow.
- The facility is staffed 24 hours a day/7 days a week by two ARNPs.
- Call is shared with the Medical Director (usually via phone). This position is eligible for call pay.
We offer: Competitive compensation with great benefits including: health, vision, and dental coverage, retirement plans, paid time off, a generous sign-on bonus, CME reimbursement, relocation assistance, and fully paid malpractice insurance. Education loan reimbursement to qualified candidates. In addition, Washington State has no state income tax.
PeaceHealth Medical Group is a physician-led group with over 800 medical practitioners in communities throughout Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth is a not-for profit Catholic health care system that consistently receives national recognition for innovations in patient centered care, patient safety, spirit in the workplace, and health care technology.
Enjoy the waterfront community of Bellingham, WA offering a multitude of recreational opportunities as well as a vibrant arts district and excellent educational opportunities, located 1.5 hours north of Seattle, and an hour south of Vancouver, BC. Bellingham is rated as one of America's most desirable communities to live in.
If interested, please contact:
Karla Lacktorin, Provider Recruiter