Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
Columbia, South Carolina: in this "Famously Hot" college and military town, you can cool down in local rivers and lakes. The city is also home to seven major hospitals and offers ample job opportunities in health care and government. A small town atmosphere within a metropolitan city. Columbia is known for it's museums, restaurants, and the University of South Carolina. Columbia is also a short drive from the mountains and well known beaches.
Dorn VAMC is a level 1C teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology, education, and research. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, cardiology, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics and extended care. The Dorn VAMC provides outpatient care through seven Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) located in South Carolina in the Upstate, Midlands and Pee Dee areas of South Carolina. Veterans Benefits Administration and the University of South Carolina School Of Medicine are located on the campus of Dorn VAMC. There are 48 residency positions between the two institutions. Other affiliations are robust for training of nurses and allied health professions. Similarly, medical center leadership has active relationships with the Department of Defense (DoD), both with Fort Jackson and Shaw Air Force Base.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REFERRED AS THEY ARE RECEIVED.
The Dorn VA Medical Center, Columbia, SC is currently seeking full-time board certified/board eligible Psychiatrists to join the Mental Health Service Team for inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general clinical psychiatric services to Veterans and including on-call services.
- General psychiatric care of adult Veterans and may include, but are not limited to, conducting diagnostic evaluations, psychiatric consults, medication management, and individual or group psychotherapy.
- Psychiatrist may be expected to provide direct clinical supervision of mid-level providers, psychiatric advanced practice nurses or physician assistants and other staff as appropriate.
- Required to exercise judgment in the selection of or adaptation of standard and accepted clinical theories, techniques, and practices in treating patients or developing new techniques and programs for the treatment of specialized problems or clinical populations.
- Facilitate admissions to the inpatient psychiatry unit. Coordinate care at the point of admission with inpatient psychiatric, or medical-surgical, physicians.
- Support a specialty care clinic (Clozaril, Suboxone), evaluations and medication management in the substance abuse treatment program (including Suboxone), serve in the PTSD program and participate in project(s).
- Other services include, but are not limited to, treatment common patient diagnoses to include anxiety disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Major Depression and other mood disorders, Substance Use Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, and other Serious Mental Illnesses, Dementia, mental disorder related to Traumatic Brain Injuries and any other psychiatric interventions deemed necessary by Mental Health Service Line management.
The Psychiatrist shall be expected to cooperate with and participate in, medical duties or functions related to quality of care, peer review, improvement and with other performance improvement activities.
WJBD VAMC has a strong academic affiliation with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine and is one of the core training sites for the medical school. This is an outstanding opportunity all while working with a group of excellent physicians. WJB Dorn VAMC provides a full range of patient care services utilizing state-of-the-art technology
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, unless otherwise required (subject to change based on agency needs). Call requirements will be rotational.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. You may also express your interest, obtain additional information about the position, or seek application assistance by emailing your C.V. to John Brumbaugh, HR Specialist, email@example.com or call (803)776-4000 x4234.
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer