Education: Masters of Science on Nursing or nursing related field. Clinical requirement completed for ARNP.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Must have knowledge of all regulatory requirements related to Bone Marrow Transplant. Effective organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
Required Work Experience: 3 years of experience in health care outcomes or quality. One year of experience with marrow and stem cell transplantation.
Establishes and maintains systems to review, modify and approve all standard operating procedures of the BMT Program to monitor performance and compliance with the Foundation of Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) and other industry standards. In collaboration with the BMT Program Manager, the BMT QAPI Coordinator will assist with attaining and retaining FACT accreditation, development and revision of transplant treatment plans and assist in quality improvement initiatives. Responsible for transplant coordination of all transplant patients including donor identification and management of cell acquisition. Initiates, analyzes, activates and manage donor searches and cell acquisition, to include acting as Marrow Collection Coordinator for the Marrow Collection Facility. Serve as the liaison for the National Marrow Donor Program/Be The Match Registry. When needed, the Coordinator will perform the physical examination of donors and assist in the marrow collection in the operating room.
1. Functions as the BMT Quality Management Supervisor and establishes and maintains systems for reviewing, modifying, and approving all policies and procedures of the Bone and Marrow Transplant Program (BMT) to monitor performance of the program and ensure compliance with FACT and other industry standards.
2. Functions as the Senior Transplant Coordinator and is responsible for all aspects of the allergenic transplant coordination.
3. Functions as the Bone Marrow Collection Center Coordinator and is responsible for the coordination of bone marrow harvests in the operating room.
4. Educates patients, families/caregivers and health team members in interventions
5. Serves as a resource to the BMT staff, nursing and ancillary departments.
Memorial Hospital West, a 384 bed acute care facility located in Pembroke Pines, Florida, opened in 1992. The hospital has been identified as the Best Hospital to Give Birth, the Best Emergency Room for Kids, and the Best Fitness Center in Broward County by South Florida Parenting. Memorial Hospital West has one of the busiest adult emergency departments in Broward County, as well as a separate family-focused Children's Emergency Department that is affiliated with Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.