Providence is calling a Medical Laboratory Technician to Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
We are seeking a detail-oriented laboratory technician to provide patient care services through laboratory testing. This is a temporary position with benefits. The approximate duration of this position will be from six (6) to twelve (12) months.
In this position you will:
- Perform routine and complex tests in hematology, chemistry, microbiology, and immunohematology.
- Responsible for planning, performing, and evaluating laboratory testing analysis.
- Maintain communications with physicians, patients, other hospital personnel, professional associations, and other organizations.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree in related health science
- Medical Lab Tech with National Certification (ASCP) or equivalent
- Working knowledge of computer application software and LIS (Laboratory Information System).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in medical laboratory in a medium to high complexity laboratory
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 150020