Providence is calling an on-call Social Worker, MSW to join the Sexual Assault Trauma Clinic (SAC) in Lacey, WA.
- Please Note: Weekend Hours are NOT available for this position
- This is an on-call/variable shift position with no guarantee of hours, but will require a minimum of 8 hours per shift when scheduled.
- Hours will only be scheduled for a Monday - Friday; Day Shift schedule.
- This position is not eligible for benefits
- Occasional site travel to the Centralia SAC will be required
We are seeking a compassionate & caring social worker to develop post-hospital plans & coordination of resources and services to assure seamless transitions for patients and their families.
In this position you will:
- Function as part of a professional care coordination team of medical providers, nurses, and social workers and other clinicians to provide skilled psychosocial services to patients and their families.
- Serve as resource to clinical staff to assist them in evaluating patient needs for psychosocial and emotional support and to patients and families for dealing with crisis, transitions and continuity of care.
- Provide complex sexual behavior assessments and recommend therapeutic interventions.
- Be responsible for the necessary counseling skills to provide individual counseling to patients and their families.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW).
- Ability to work independently and take a leadership role to accomplish objectives.
- One year working in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Current AHA (American Heart Assoc.) Basic Life Support certification for Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited)
- Valid driver's license and insured, reliable vehicle.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Three years of social services experience with a health care related organization.
- Previous experience includes a minimum of two years in a multi-disciplinary health care setting and specialized training in child abuse and crisis intervention.
- Current Washington State Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker or related Social Work License.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Sexual Assault Clinic and Child Maltreatment Center (SAC) is a department of Providence St. Peter Hospital (PSPH) in Olympia, WA. Our clinic serves Thurston, Lewis, Mason, Grays Harbor, and Pacific County. We provide medical services for victims of sexual or physical abuse and additional support to their non-offending family members. Our clinic and staff consists of Medical Social Workers, Nurse Practitioners and a Pediatrician who is Board Certified in Child Abuse Pediatrics. We also provide the community with ongoing training in the prevention of child sexual abuse and provide Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners on a 24 hour on-call basis for the PSPH Emergency Center.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 151643