Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Central Services Resource Coordinator \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) to work for Sterile Processing at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Central Services Resource Coordinator is responsible for coordinating resources necessary for supporting surgical and interventional procedures within the perioperative services division by maintaining inventory controls and support systems for surgical instruments, equipment, and supplies\.
In this position you will:
Works with the supervisor and central service leads to manage, adjust, and implement instrument tray additions and changes\.
- Work with the Central Services Supervisor to implement and evaluate instrument trays, including staff training and performance/quality audits\. Audits will include Instrument Inventory Compliance and Case Cart Quality Audits and the results reported to the supervisors and manager\.
- Maintain instrument inventory control and related support systems \(e\.g\. information systems, vendor relations, missing items, etc\.\) for surgical instruments, equipment and supplies\.
- Train staff in the assembly and decontamination of specialized equipment and instruments, as well as in the use of the instrument tracking system\.
- Coordinate staff in\-services and training related to the care and handling of specialized surgical instrumentation and equipment including program content for staff orientation, training and ongoing education
- In the absence of the supervisor, work in conjunction with lead technicians to maintain daily departmental operations\.
- Provide data and analytics to support manager approval for purchase requests\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Education and training must include the equivalent of 2 years of college courses in any field
- Current CRCST \(Certified Registered Central Service Technician\) or CSPDT \(Central Supply Processing Department Technician\) certification through internationally recognized organizations such as IAHCSMM \(International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management\) or CBSPD \(Certification Board for Sterile Processing\)
- A minimum of 2 years in sterile processing or surgical assisting which includes demonstrated leadership, analytical, problem solving, organizational and customer service abilities
- A minimumof 1 year as a lead, coordinator or supervisor
- Extensive knowledge required in the surgical environment, surgical instrumentation and equipment, and/or sterile processing activities in a healthcare organization
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of classes in inventory management, logistics, sterile processing, central services, surgical technology and/or 2 year degree in business administration
- Supervisor or manager of Central Supply, Sterile Processing Services or Surgery departments in a healthcare organization
- Skills in using EPIC
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Administrative Support \(Clinical\)
Req ID: 146896