Providence is calling a Rehabilitation Technician ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Functions under the direct supervision of the licensed physical/occupational therapist.
- Be responsible for preparing treatment areas, transporting and positioning patients, procurement of inventory/supplies and in general assisting patients, therapists and assistant in the successful completion of the treatment plan.
- Also be assigned routine clerical support tasks to support the patient care process.
- Carry out these functions according to hospital and developmental policies and procedures.
- This position offered works mostly at our Subacute Care Center with 105 beds for tracheotomy and/or ventilator patients with some floating to the hospital setting (acute care, acute rehab, outpatient).
- Our goal is to improve patient's functional/ADL status.
- Some experience preferred but will train if none available.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Requires understanding of Rehab understanding of Rehab services goals and objectives
- Requires good working knowledge of general and specialized clinical equipment
- Requires fluent ability to understand oral and written English, including English text
- Requires ability to perform all physical requirements (RU – 91) pertaining to delegated tasks.
- Requires ability to organize and prioritize work, completes assignments on time.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative working relationship with patients, families and coworkers.
- Requires the ability to work effectively with a team.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 150717