On behalf of The Joint Commission, MillicanSolutions, LLC, is pleased to announce the initiation of a national search for Medical Director, Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. We believe this to be one of the top roles for quality and patient safety in the country.
The Medical Director for the Division of Healthcare Quality Evaluation (DHQE) provides critical leadership within the Division and across the Enterprise for strategic planning for standards and performance measure development, ensuring the scientific integrity of all products developed, and identifying quality improvement plans and tools that will help our customers meet accreditation and certification requirements. The Medical Director will also work, as needed, with the Department of Health Services Research on internal and external research projects and evaluations.
- Lead annual strategic planning to identify and define development priorities for DHQE
- Ensure the Scientific Integrity of Standards, Survey Methods, and Performance Measures
- Leads DHQE efforts to identify best practices and quality improvement tools to improve customers’ performance on standards and performance measures
- Creates and maintains a national presence with major clinical, professional and research organizations and serves as a spokesperson for The Joint Commission and our mission to improve quality and safety.
- Leads or assists with research projects and the writing of scientific manuscripts and commentaries for publication in professional journals.
- Collaborates with the Washington office to influence public policy and legislation to promote improvements in patient safety.
- Participates in professional development activities to increase knowledge and skills in Change Management and Qualitative Improvement, and applies this to improved processes and safety culture within DHQE
The Joint Commission:
Founded in 1951, The Joint Commission seeks to continuously improve health care for the public, in collaboration with other stakeholders, by evaluating health care organizations and inspiring them to excel in providing safe and effective care of the highest quality and value. An independent, not-for-profit organization, The Joint Commission is the nation’s oldest and largest standards-setting and accrediting body in health care. Its vision is that all people always experience the safest, highest quality, best-value health care across all settings.
The Joint Commission realizes its mission through the work its employees do every day to help health care organizations aspire to provide safer, higher quality care. We are committed to providing products and services that are relevant, and to working collaboratively with our fellow employees, health care organizations and other stakeholders. Everything we do, every survey or review we conduct, every interaction with the public, and every standard we set, is done with the aim of helping our customers better serve their patients, residents and clients.
The Joint Commission is governed by a 32-member Board of Commissioners that includes physicians, administrators, nurses, employers, quality experts, a consumer advocate and educators. In addition, home care, behavioral health care, and nursing care center representatives are full voting members of the Board. All of the Board members bring countless years of diverse experience in health care, business and public policy.
In addition, individuals from nationally recognized professional associations, health care organizations, corporations, government agencies, community groups and public members serve on advisory committees that provide guidance and counsel for the evaluation of health care quality and safety. They assist The Joint Commission in identifying what is important when measuring the quality and safety of health care.
We would like to speak with you about this exciting opportunity. Please send confidential inquiries, nominations and applications to Jennifer Schaulin at (682) 223-5782 or via email at Jennifer.Schaulin@millicansolutions.com. Thank you in advance for your time and interest.