Providence is calling a per diem, day shift, Phlebotomist to the Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Perform some or all of the following duties as directed by the Team leader:
- Perform phlebotomy
- Coordinate collection of blood specimens from patients, may assist in specimen information processing and receiving of specimens, reports, and other departmental data.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- California DHS Phlebotomy License (CPT) or equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) or College credits toward an advanced degree
- Six months phlebotomy experience
- One year office work experience
- One year laboratory experience
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers through the American Heart Association
- Ability to deal effectively with many people
- Excellent human relations and oral / written communications skills
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and coordinate care
- Good manual dexterity and mobility
- Medical Terminology
- Computer literate
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Six months acute care hospital experience
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines. The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 146586