Providence is calling a Certified Sterile Processing Technician to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
This is a 1.0 FTE, night shift position.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to sterilize surgical instruments and other medical equipment.
In this position you will:
- Sort, disassemble, clean and disinfect trays, instruments, carts, supplies and equipment.
- Select and use effective and safe sterilization procedures and cleaning methods.
- Operate and maintain cleaning, sanitizing and sterilization equipment.
- Provide instrument sets for surgical procedures and case carts for booked and emergency surgery.
- Use computers to maintain supplies and records.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification in either Central Service or Surgery Technology
- Completion of Central Services Technician or Surgery Technologist training program
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Hospital sterile processing or health care materials management experience
About the hospital you will serve **.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Sterile Processing Techs (Central Services Techs)
Req ID: 152538