Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nurse Manager \(1\.0 FTE, Days\) to work for the Medical Unit at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA\.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership, and direction for the unit or areas of responsibility and for creating an environment that fosters a multidisciplinary team and collaborative approach to care that achieves operational and clinical "Best Practice"\. Our nursing practice reflects the values of collaboration, communication, coordination, integration, and empowerment, and establishing patient expectations\.
In this position you will:
- Ensure the provision of patient care 24 hours a day
- Establish and enforce standards of patient care and nursing practice pertaining to areas of responsibility
- Assume the role of patient advocate to clarify and evaluate ethical and/or legal issues, and supports cultural practices
- Work with Service Line Director to create and implement an operational budget annually, monitoring performance monthly
- Coach, develop, evaluate and advocate for staff
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree from accredited school of nursing
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification
- At least three years of recent experience in related clinical area of nursing with demonstrated clinical knowledge and leadership qualities
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree in nursing or related field
- A minimum of one year first line management experience
About the Issaquah Campus:
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different\. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Nursing \- Other
Req ID: 149519