Providence is calling an International Volunteer Program Intern to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking an International Volunteer Program Intern to be highly motivated, thoughtful and strategic intern to provide support for our international volunteer program. A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and writing skills and the ability to work on projects independently. The intern will spend his/her time on each of the following job segments:
In this position you will:
- Support the recruitment of employee volunteers for service trips
- Support management in coordinating logistics and orientations for public health and clinical volunteer teams for international work
- Contribute on a regular basis and help guide communications (Providence newsletters, blogs, and fundraising appeals) that explain the underlying purpose and benefits of the work being done.
- Coordinate debriefing and post service trip follow-up with volunteers.
- Cultivate post-trip integration events and opportunities for employee volunteers that foster transformational learning on a personal, professional and organizational level.
- Develop materials and messaging for outreach.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working cross-culturally in the US or abroad with diverse stakeholders.
- International volunteer experience.
- Consistently goes out of the way to listen, understand, and support the needs of others in a sensitive manner.
- Performs challenging tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Sets challenging objectives and works against self-defined standards of excellence to continually improve personal performance.
Flexibility and response to change
- Proven ability to organize multiple projects, schedules, and demands to meet shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to study, understand, adapt and respond effectively to a constantly changing environment.
- Listens with sensitivity and openness.
- Actively seeks constructive feedback and remains open and receptive to it
- Anticipates the information needs of others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong, focused written and verbal communications responsive to the needs of end users
- Proven ability to work with people of diverse economic, cultural, religious and political backgrounds
- Strong motivation to promote the mission and core values of Providence Health and Services
- Passion for international development and global health
- Committed to developing programs that empower those in need and working for social change on behalf of the poor and vulnerable
- Commitment to ongoing personal formation
- 6 months
- The internship is full time, with at least 40 hours per week expected.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Spanish fluency preferred
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Spiritual/Mission/Pastoral Care
Req ID: 150971