Providence is calling an Accounts Payable Specialist to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking an Account Payable Specialist for EDI department to perform moderately complex accounting support assignments in accordance with standard procedures. Primary areas of responsibility performing a variety of accounts payable and bookkeeping work, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and related records, and preparing financial, statistical, and/or technical data for use in reports.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the accurate and timely payment of all incoming invoices through the EDI system.
- Using advanced Excel skills to troubleshoot and reconcile complex vendor invoices in a timely fashion.
- Verify vendor invoices for accuracy and correct documentation before releasing to process payment to ensure accurate and timely payment of liabilities.
- Schedule invoice payment dates according to policy and contractual obligations.
- Reconcile the monthly vendor statements. Maintain accurate and up to date files for all vendors.
- Work closely with Materials Management to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Monitor partial and down payments to ensure vendors are paid correctly.
- Requests a refund for credits and monitors until reimbursement is received.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- The equivalent of a High School diploma or GED and coursework in Accounting.
- A minimum of one to two years of accounting support experience, preferably involving accounts payable.
- Proficient in use of microcomputers, including spreadsheet and word processing.
- Proficient in use of 10-key.
About the department you will serve.
Supply Chain Management supports the transformation of quality and affordable care by delivering excellence through a system wide, integrated supply chain that provides strategic leadership and services to customers and caregivers. This team is proud to be the service that fills the caring hands that heal patients.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supply Chain
Req ID: 141191