Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Admissions Coordinator / Case Manager \(Per Diem, Days\) to work for Rehab Administration at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Admissions Coordinator/Case Manager, in collaboration with the attending physiatrist, is responsible for reviewing and approving or denying all patients referred for admission to the ARU, using developed admission criteria
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for insurance verification, obtaining insurance approval and attending rehabilitation physician assignment for all patients who are admitted to the ARU
- Be responsible for completing a pre\-admission screen, which includes the patient's health history, reason for admission, allergies, and skilled services needed
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Option 1: A graduate of an accredited program of Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy culminating in a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Option 2: A graduate of an accredited program of Speech Language Pathology culminating in a minimum of a Master's Degree
- Option 3: A graduate of an accredited school of Nursing culminating in a minimum of a Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\)
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Language Pathologist in the State of Washington required
- A valid Washington State driver's license and valid vehicle registration form\.Possession of the minimum \(or greater\) insurance coverage as mandated by the state of Washington
- Three to five years of clinical experience in acute care \- med/surg, rehab or transitional care unit
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Case Management certification
- Admissions Coordinator experience strongly preferred
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support \(Clinical\)
Req ID: 152751