Due to an upcoming retirement, Geisinger Department of Laboratory Medicine is searching for a system Director for Cytopathology.
AT A GLANCE:
· Pathology and laboratory services of the Geisinger system are integrated across the 40 counties of Pennsylvania with pathologists at many sites sharing a common workload in a sub-specialty model
· Geisinger’s core laboratory is in a recently built state-of-the-art facility located in Danville, PA housing a new pathology residency program and well-established cytopathology, dermatopathology and informatics fellowship programs.
· Anatomic Pathology 2018 systemwide volumes are 97,000 surgical cases and 47,000 cytology cases including 4000 FNAs
· The department staff includes 41 pathologists and PhDs including 11 cytopathologists and 10 cytotechnologists
· Four hospital sites are staffed with cytopathologists and cytotechnologists and two additional sites are supported for rapid evaluations through telepathology
· Two hospital sites have dedicated Fine Needle Aspiration Clinics
· The cytology laboratory supports SurePath and ThinPrep monolayer preparations, and Location guided screening
· Cytology quality management supported with fully automated real-time dashboards
· AP/CP or AP board certified and Cytopathology board certification is required
· Minimum of 3 years of clinical practice experience is required
· Interest in teaching and clinical translational research experience is required to support the Cytopathology fellowship program
· Additional experience in Informatics is valued
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers and a 583,000-member health plan. Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient, AtlantiCare, a member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family. Pathologist staff are based in Danville, Wilkes-Barre, and Scranton, PA.
To learn more, visit www.geisinger.org or contact Jeffrey Prichard, DO, Division Director, Anatomic Pathology Operations, Quality and Informatics, Geisinger, c/o Linda J. Cindric, Recruiter, Talent Management Consultant, Geisinger, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Does not qualify for J1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.