Geisinger, a nationally recognized leader in innovation and quality care, is seeking a Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist to join our team at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA.
Geisinger Medical Center facilities include a state-of-the-art 10 room endoscopy suite and motility lab. Become part of a dynamic, growing and closely integrated department comprised of more than 20 gastroenterologists, 3 hepatologists and 10 fellows with some of the best resources available for academic and clinical practice. Call is equally shared and averages 4 weeks per year. Transplant Hepatology and our fellowship programs in Gastroenterology and Advanced Endoscopy are located at Geisinger Medical Center.
At Geisinger, our Gastroenterologists:
· Enjoy ample opportunity for professional growth including teaching fellows, residents and medical students, as well as participation in clinical and endoscopic research as faculty of the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
· Fully integrate with our robust electronic health record (EPIC)
· Work closely with mature multi-disciplinary teams; including Hepatitis C and Inflammatory Bowel Disease with imbedded pharmacists on each.
We are proud of the support we provide:
· Medical school loan repayment
· Monthly stipend available to current residents and fellows upon signature of an offer letter
· Competitive starting salary with sign-on loans (bonus) available
· Excellent benefit package, including paid relocation, malpractice with tail coverage, generous CME time/allowance of $3500 /15 days, and much more
There’s a reason Geisinger is a national model of integrated healthcare. It begins with our people: about 32,000 employees who, like you, share an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality and the highest level of patient care. We want you to love what you do and to help us continue to transform healthcare for our region and nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER:Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 32,000 employees, including nearly 1,800 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan. Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. *Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.