San Bernardino Medical Group (part of Optum) is a multi-specialty medical group supporting the Inland Empire by providing health care services for adults and children in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner. We have been serving the community since 1954 and are dedicated to quality patient care and satisfaction. Our highly trained staff of Physicians and Specialty Care Teams are committed to serving you! Join us in creating a better future and you’ll soon find you’re doing your life’s best work. (sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Internal Medicine Physician to join our team
- Treat patients of all ages for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Document items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, or necessary outpatient procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Refer appropriate tertiary care to specialists or care facilities
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner within the electronic medical record
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted Physician license in California or the ability to obtain
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Current DEA certificate
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 1+ years of practice experience
- Proficiency in a variety of outpatient procedures
- Managed Care experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Internal Medicine Physician, IM, outpatient, San Bernardino, CA